Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with group messaging

Yesterday evening my group messaging quit working.... up to that point 4 of us (3 of which are also iPhone users, the other is a Samsung Galaxy) had been trading messages all day (and for months) then last night my last message would not go through. Today, all messages in the group are erroring with "not delivered". I've done nothing different. I have an iPhone 5 and updated to ios 8.3 as soon as it came out (several weeks ago I think). Again, had no problems till last night. I've tried numerous suggestions found on-line... short of resetting to factory settings because I've done nothing new prior to issue starting and, though I did do a backup, I don't want to start all over if this is an update issue that may get resolved with a new update.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 11:31 AM

3 replies

Apr 27, 2015 11:16 AM in response to delmondar

Greetings delmondar,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are having trouble sending messages to one group. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

There are a few other steps you can try after the quoted section.

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you can't send messages to a certain recipient, delete any conversations you have with them and try sending a new message. When you delete a conversation, you won’t be able to recover it. Make sure that you take a screenshot or forward any messages that you want to keep.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Mario

Apr 27, 2015 11:22 AM in response to mario49

I had already tried that and it did not work. I want to say it seems to be happening when I include an android user in the group message. If I only send to iPhone users, it works. When I include the non-iPhone user... no one gets the message. I can send an individual message to the Android user with no issues. It's very annoying because it just suddenly started happening (actually a few hours after another of the iPhone users started having similar issue) and was not coincident with an upgrade or any other type of change.

Issues with group messaging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.