Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad won't switch on after trying to upgrade to IOS 8.3

After trying to instal software update 8.3 I have been unable to switch on my iPad2.The Apple logo appears then disappears leaving a black screen.I have tried toto restore using iTunes, but the iPad exited recovery mode after 15 minutes leaving about 18 minutes still to be downloaded. Any help much appreciated.

iPad 2, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2015 5:41 AM

Hi, rachaels.grandad

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are experiencing an issue updating your iPad. Your device exiting recovery mode while downloading the iOS is normal behavior if this takes longer than 15 minutes. I would recommend place your iPad in recovery mode, disconnecting your device and allowing the iOS to download. Once this is done, place your device in recovery mode and your device should restore.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers,

Jason H.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2015 5:41 AM in response to rachaels.grandad

Hi, rachaels.grandad

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are experiencing an issue updating your iPad. Your device exiting recovery mode while downloading the iOS is normal behavior if this takes longer than 15 minutes. I would recommend place your iPad in recovery mode, disconnecting your device and allowing the iOS to download. Once this is done, place your device in recovery mode and your device should restore.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers,

Jason H.

iPad won't switch on after trying to upgrade to IOS 8.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.