Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to NOT download all purchased apps? Just the ones I want?

Hello.

How do I download specific apps that I purchased a while ago? I do NOT want to download all hundreds of apps to my very old, updated Windows XP Pro SP3 machine. When I try to download a specific already purchased app, it tells me to click on iTunes' download icon, but it downloads ALL apps I have not downloaded. 😟

Thank you in advance. 🙂

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3, Windows XP SP3, & Verizon Wireless

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 12:40 PM

8 replies

Apr 24, 2015 12:51 PM in response to King_Penguin

King_Penguin wrote:

How are you trying to download it ? You should be able to download an individual app by going to the Purchased link under Quick Links on the right-hand side of the iTunes store homepage, selecting the Apps section, and clicking on the app that you want to download - that is how you are trying to do it ?

I am downloading from iTunes' purchased list. Each app hgas the cloud symbol with down arrow. I click on it and then iTunes says -- "You have already purchased this item but it has not been downloaded. To download it, select 'Check for Available Downloads from the Store menu.'"

And then, iTunes automatcially downloads ALL apps I don't have on my Windows XP Pro SP3's iTunes desktop computer. I never asked for all of these downloads to start! I want to download when I am ready.

Apr 24, 2015 12:58 PM in response to antdude

The Check For Available Downloads should only download what's now available (e.g. pre-orders or episodes from series that are now released), or what's been requested (e.g. if you had automatic downloads enabled on that iTunes when you purchased something on a different computer/device).

If they are in your download queue then you can either let them download and then delete the ones that you don't want, or try asking iTunes Support and see if they can clear your download queue : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/

Apr 24, 2015 1:03 PM in response to King_Penguin

King_Penguin wrote:

The Check For Available Downloads should only download what's now available (e.g. pre-orders or episodes from series that are now released), or what's been requested (e.g. if you had automatic downloads enabled on that iTunes when you purchased something on a different computer/device).

If they are in your download queue then you can either let them download and then delete the ones that you don't want, or try asking iTunes Support and see if they can clear your download queue : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/

When I saw 70 apps downloading in the download list, I paused all. And then, I download the ones I wanted. I find it annoying that iTunes want to give me all of them. Also, I noticed my C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Downloads\ has tons of *.tmp (folder/directorie)s too. 😟

Apr 24, 2015 1:35 PM in response to King_Penguin

King_Penguin wrote:

You should be able to delete the TMP directories without it affecting iTunes - if you close iTunes and delete them (but don't empty your recycle bin) see if iTunes works ok when you re-open it (if not you can close it and restore the folders from the recycle bin)

Yeah, I do that but still annoying having to do this every time. 😟

How to NOT download all purchased apps? Just the ones I want?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.