Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud wants to upload the same photos again...

I just uploaded 24,000 pics to the iCloud. Now when I tick the setting "iCloud Photo Library" and select "Download originals to this Mac", it wants to upload all the photos again... and of course tells me that I have to upgrade my storage plan... I already have the 500GB plan. It's as if iCloud doesn't recognise that all the pics I uploaded from the same computer. Help...

iMac, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 11:50 AM

1 reply

Apr 29, 2015 11:17 AM in response to GarageB

Hmm, no reply so far... so this is what I did. I saw that all the pics were in fact in the iCloud. So I decided to take the risk and delete all the pics and videos on the hard drive (I have a backup!) and then download them all from iCloud. This seems to have worked. Now all devices are in sync.

However, even now after a few weeks, none of my devices, iphone, ipad and Macbook Pro are able to browse all the pics. It's incredibly slow and very often I get the message : Cannot load Photo! Very annoying. Does anyone else get this? It seems the cloud cannot handle this mass of pictures. Surely I am no exception out there with this number of pictures...

I am very frustrated. I just can't find a good solution for my picture library. Photos seemed good, but it's not working smoothly enough. Am looking at Adobe, Amazon Cloud Drive, Flickr - but they all have certain deficiencies - iCloud would have it all - syncing, editing, storing, sharing, uploading RAW files... but it's the most expensive out there... and it's not really working...

Sigh. My Synology station is not doing it for me either. I suppose I am asking for too much.

iCloud wants to upload the same photos again...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.