Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I record the audio for a radio station I'm streaming LIVE?

I don't want to record the sound in my room, but only on the sound I'm streaming

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 12:14 PM

26 replies

Nov 16, 2016 12:00 PM in response to buddybelk

You want to use a Screen Recording App that has the Audio Record Option. I use SnagIT and Camtasia by TechSmith. (30 day free trial available, but SnagIt is cheap.)

You can record radio shows, videos, facetime conversations, or create a training video showing others how to do something click by click on the screen. The default settings pick up the audio directly from the computer. If you wish to narrate on top of this you can add a mic and change the settings.

Apr 24, 2015 2:29 PM in response to buddybelk

Of course, there are legal restrictions on rights and use of most streaming internet audio, so investigate before you record!

I understand that Audacity (free) has some capabilities with an add-in product called SoundFlower, but I've not tried that combination to recording streaming audio with OS X 10.10 Yosemite. http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/

I have used WireTap and WireTap Studio from Ambrosia Software for audio recording from a streaming source for personal use. The software is not inexpensive US$69, but a limited free trial is available. http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/wiretap/

Apr 24, 2015 3:34 PM in response to JMLoomy

JMLoomy, I am completely in my senses.

I know what I am suggesting the OP and also know that he/she wants to record the live streaming from the mac and not from the speakers.

It doesn’t matter whether he/she is recording the audio from the macbook or any external speakers because if the room is noisy than obviously the ambient room noise will be recorded.

To reduce or make the room noise as low as possible (to get the best audio recording), I recommended the OP to try to record the radio live streaming audio in a silent room. Does it makes any sense to you....??

And BTW, I am not showing any superiority by throwing around exclamation points. Its just my humble way of suggesting something.

Apr 24, 2015 3:34 PM in response to Grane Duke

Grane Duke wrote:

JMLoomy, I am completely in my senses.

I know what I am suggesting the OP and also know that he/she wants to record the live streaming from the mac and not from the speakers.

It doen’t matter whether he/she is recording the audio from the macbook or any external speakers because if the room is noisy than obviously the ambient room noise will be recorded.

Why?

Apr 24, 2015 3:44 PM in response to Grane Duke

Grane Duke wrote:

To reduce or make the room noise as low as possible (to get the best audio recording), I recommended the OP to try to record the radio live streaming audio in a silent room. Does it makes any sense to you....??

No. Preferably one records using direct input.

Your comment It doen’t matter whether he/she is recording the audio from the macbook or any external speakers because if the room is noisy than obviously the ambient room noise will be recorded. is pretty silly really. Think about what you just wrote.

And you do have a bad habbit in your posts of over using ???????? & !!!!!!!!!!!!!

One is enough.

Cheers

Pete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.