Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is the Apple website so decidedly incompatible with mobile devices?

Why is it that when I try to post a question to the support community page via my iPhone or iPad, it turns into an ordeal similar to what I would imagine a day at the DMV in **** would be like. Autocorrect turns into auto-uncorrect and basically anything I type I have to go back over with a fine tooth comb because there will be errors that will not be picked up by the spellcheck on the site or the device. Surely I'm not the only one who experiences this. How can a company like Apple let this continue. This site is without a doubt not mobile friendly. And yet Apple derives a significant amount of income from the sale of mobile devices. And there is no way to create or manage an Apple ID without coming to the Apple website. And you are basically forced to create an Apple ID if you want to enjoy the full functionality of an iOS device. Can anyone explain this to me? Am I doing something wrong? This is a valid question and not a rant. Why does typing this on an iPad result in me wishing I was having gum surgery just to get away from the agony of using this site on a mobile device?

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 2:01 PM

57 replies

Apr 24, 2015 2:39 PM in response to Philly_Phan

Try accessing and tying a question to the community using an iOS device and then tell me if you think this is just a rant. I tell you what, this next sentence I'll post as is without correcting the auto correct. dos this help thou to understand why I'm a little burn uoaet thar the Apple website makeam typify a auditorium a,in to solving a word riddle? And that's a very mild example of eye problemme counted when simply trying to use theappek website on a monkey divide such as ancisos or iPhone. Thins isnot typical anywhere else burn the online suppeor page.

Apr 24, 2015 4:06 PM in response to 60D807

I regularly (every day) access this site from my iPad, using Safari. It works quite well for me. Spellcheck works fine. I admit, I haven't tried to access it much from my iPhone but that's more of an eyesight issue.

Lots of people use their iOS devices without an Apple ID. Many Apple services require an Apple ID, just as many Google services require a Google ID, just like your cell phone carrier requires that you have an account to use their services. What problem do you have with having an Apple ID?

Your post would sound a lot less like a rant if you dropped the histrionics and just stated your problems.

Apr 24, 2015 4:53 PM in response to bobseufert

bobseufert wrote:

Did your iPad/iPhone really print the sentence below ? If so I'd start with turning off auto-correct.

And that's a very mild example of eye problemme counted when simply trying to use theappek website on a monkey divide such as ancisos or iPhone. Thins isnot typical anywhere else burn the online suppeor page.

My favorite is "...I'm aggravated from usumg the websjev theb more power to them i gUses."

Apr 24, 2015 5:15 PM in response to 60D807

You are not alone in having problems with this site. I read many a problems with accessing this forum with an IOS device. To use the site we have to live with the problems.

You may want to try a different browser like Chrome. Don't know how much difference a different browser will make because all ios browsers must use the same framework.

Robert

Why is the Apple website so decidedly incompatible with mobile devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.