Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

lost my newly bought iPhone 6

Since three weeks ago (when it got stolen) I've tried using find my iphone but it keeps saying that 'no device has been set up'. So I conclude that I forgot to turn on the find my iphone in my device (which I'm not sure of). My apple id is signed in inside that iphone. I also remember turning on the icloud in my device. The 4 digits passcode was also activated. And then in the icloud settings in mac, in the setting section of 'my devices' my iphone 6 along with my ipod 5 is still on the list as devices that says 'you are signed in to these devices using OS8...' Today I just checked into the www.icloud.com/activationlock with my imei number and it said that my iphone 6's activation lock is still on and if someone wants to use it it requires the current user's apple id and password. Law enforcement here in Indonesia ***** SO.. what should i do?

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 11:53 AM

1 reply

Apr 24, 2015 11:53 AM in response to arizkafromdenpasar

Questions :

1. Is there any other way to track my iphone and the thief?

2. Is there any chance for the thief to unlock the 4 digits password?

3. By 'current user's id' does it mean my apple id or is it already used by a new id?

4. Is there any chance that the thief resets my phone without knowing my id and password?

5. With those indications, is there still any chance to track it with my find my iphone?

6. Should i erase my data? if yes, how (seeing that the find my iphone is not turned on)?

7. Should I wait for a miracle to see if the theif opens my email or contacts and finally have the heart to return it?

Yup so I'm new to this community and I really look forward for some answers from you guys as I've been stuck with mourning over my phone these past three weeks and it has reached to the point where I think I've turned nuts and even suicidal. i even failed some competition selections because of thinking about this too much. I even thought about quitting college and start working at some cashier to save money to buy a new iPhone 6 before my dad finds out. Cause... yeah it's an expensive phone and i'm only a college student who is so lucky to receive that expensive phone from my dad as a gift for winning some competitions anddddddd LOST IT right after a month purchasing it. I'm currently sobbing writing this down. So desperate. Please. Help. Thanks. Bye. Much love.. . .

lost my newly bought iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.