Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6plus mail app defaults to landscape mode

After updgrading to iOS 8.3, now when holding my phone in portrait mode, the mail app loads in landscape and immediately rotates to portrait. When I exit the mail app, my homescreen defaults to landscape mode, then immediately rotates to portrait.

Does anyone know how to fix this? It seems like the app should load in the orientation of the phone.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 12:17 PM

1 reply

Apr 27, 2015 12:20 PM in response to Cowtown66

Greetings Cowtown66,

It seems you are experiencing an issue with your Mail app and orientation. You may want to try forcing the app to close. Then open it again to see if the issue is resolved. The following article will show you how to force an app to close:

Force an app to close in iOS - Apple Support

If an app is unresponsive and your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch still reacts to button presses, you can force the app to close:

1. Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps.
  2. Swipe left to find the app you want to close.
  3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.

User uploaded file

Generally, there's no need to force an app to close unless it's unresponsive. When you press the Home button two times quickly, the recently used apps that appear aren't open. They're in an efficient standby mode to help you navigate and multitask.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Bobby_D

iPhone 6plus mail app defaults to landscape mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.