Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i use itunes wifi sync with a new 12" macbook?

if i go to settings - > general - itunes wifi sync on my iPhone 6+ running iOS 8.3, I expect to be able to see my new 12"macbook and 'sync now' available, but I do not.

Apparently bluetooth pairing for macbook and iPhone is not possible, and the new macbook USB c connector to physically connect my iphone is not available for a month or so.

How do i sync I tunes with my phone and this new computer?

thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 1:31 PM

4 replies

Apr 24, 2015 2:49 PM in response to superguysteve

...and the new macbook USB c connector to physically connect my iphone is not available for a month or so.

A USB-C to USB adapter from Apple and others is available now. Use your regular USB iPhone cable with the adapter, until such time that a one piece cable hits the market.

Apparently bluetooth pairing for macbook and iPhone is not possible,

There is no reason to Bluetooth pair your iPhone to your Mac, unless you want to use your phone as a Internet Hotspot for your Mac. But, that can also be done using WiFi instead of Bluetooth.

Apr 24, 2015 2:51 PM in response to superguysteve

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MJ1M2AM/A/usb-c-to-usb-adapter

In any case Wifi syncing needs to be setup first using the physical Usb connection before it can be used.

Sync your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch with iTunes using Wi-Fi - Apple Support

Set up syncing

1. Open iTunes. Make sure that you have the latest version.
  2. Connect your iOS device to your computer with the included USB cable.
  3. Locate your iOS device.
    If you're in the iTunes Store, click the Library button, then look for your device in the upper-right corner.
  4. In the Summary tab, select "Sync with this [device] over Wi-Fi."
  5. ...

Can i use itunes wifi sync with a new 12" macbook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.