Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to import raw files from nikon d750 to snow leopard

I can import raw files from my Nikon d80 to iPhoto on Snow Leopard without having to install Nikon software. However iPhoto won't import raw files from my Nikon d750. Has anyone out there had this problem?.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 5:23 AM

In order to import RAW files, the OS needs to understand their format (which differs for each camera out there).

Apple periodically release RAW Camera Compatibility updates that add support for recently-released cameras.

In the case of the D750, support was added with the RAW Compatibility 6.0.1 release, back in November of last year. Make sure you've downloaded and installed this file (or a later version), then you should be good to go.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2015 5:23 AM in response to corporalagarn

In order to import RAW files, the OS needs to understand their format (which differs for each camera out there).

Apple periodically release RAW Camera Compatibility updates that add support for recently-released cameras.

In the case of the D750, support was added with the RAW Compatibility 6.0.1 release, back in November of last year. Make sure you've downloaded and installed this file (or a later version), then you should be good to go.

Apr 25, 2015 3:58 PM in response to corporalagarn

Mountain Lion is what Lion should have been in my opinion. I used Lion for a week and reverted to Snow Leopard. Another option is to have 2 operating systems installed, each on a different partition. You could then stay with Snow Leopard for most of your work.

Check to make sure your applications are compatible. PowerPC applications are no longer supported after 10.6.

Application Compatibility

Applications Compatibility (2)

Do a backup before installing.

how to import raw files from nikon d750 to snow leopard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.