Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My pages documents have gone to cloud and I need them back. Please help.

After the most recent update to my iPad air, the documents I had saved in Pages disappeared and I believe they are in the cloud. I don't know how to return them to my tablet where I want them stored. There are only a few but I need them!

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 3:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 3:57 AM

I will assume that you checked the settings to make sure that iCloud is tundied on for Pages in Settings>Pages>Use iCloud>On. Also Settings>iCloud>iCloud Drive>On.

If the Pages documents are in iCloud, they have to be on your iPad. I have never seen an instance where the documents were still in iCloud but not on the iPad unless the documents just had not downloaded from iCloud yet. When you update, restore from a backup, delete and reinstall Pages, it can take a while for the files to download again.

IF you want to check, do this on a computer, go to iCloud.com, sign in with your Apple ID and password and click on iCloud Drive or Pages. You can do this on an iPad if you have a browser that can identify as a desktop browser, but it is really cumbersome to do it on the iPad. If you do t have access to a computer, tap in the url field in Safari no then pull down on the Favorites window to get the option for Request Desktop Site, tap that and then try to log into iCloud.com.

Something else to try is to close Pages altogether, reset your iPad, launch Pages again and give the files a chance to download. It can take time. I watched files take 10 minutes and lager to download and it could take longer if you have lost and lots of documents.

In order to close Pages, you have to drag the app up from the multitasking display. Double tap the home button and you will see apps lined up going left to right across the screen. Swipe to get to the app that you want to close and then swipe "up" on the app preview thumbnail to close it.

Next reset your iPad. Hold down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen after which time you can release the buttons and let the iPad start up.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2015 3:57 AM in response to ddcumberland

I will assume that you checked the settings to make sure that iCloud is tundied on for Pages in Settings>Pages>Use iCloud>On. Also Settings>iCloud>iCloud Drive>On.

If the Pages documents are in iCloud, they have to be on your iPad. I have never seen an instance where the documents were still in iCloud but not on the iPad unless the documents just had not downloaded from iCloud yet. When you update, restore from a backup, delete and reinstall Pages, it can take a while for the files to download again.

IF you want to check, do this on a computer, go to iCloud.com, sign in with your Apple ID and password and click on iCloud Drive or Pages. You can do this on an iPad if you have a browser that can identify as a desktop browser, but it is really cumbersome to do it on the iPad. If you do t have access to a computer, tap in the url field in Safari no then pull down on the Favorites window to get the option for Request Desktop Site, tap that and then try to log into iCloud.com.

Something else to try is to close Pages altogether, reset your iPad, launch Pages again and give the files a chance to download. It can take time. I watched files take 10 minutes and lager to download and it could take longer if you have lost and lots of documents.

In order to close Pages, you have to drag the app up from the multitasking display. Double tap the home button and you will see apps lined up going left to right across the screen. Swipe to get to the app that you want to close and then swipe "up" on the app preview thumbnail to close it.

Next reset your iPad. Hold down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen after which time you can release the buttons and let the iPad start up.

My pages documents have gone to cloud and I need them back. Please help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.