Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP!!! I can't add music to my Ipod!! :(

I have an iPod touch 4th Gen (iOS 6.1.6) and i have been trying to add music to it since yesterday. I have connected the iPod to my PC (Running on Windows 8.1) and when i try to add the music via iTunes (iOS 12.1.2) i get a box pop up saying "iTunes cannot add any songs to the iPod "Nics iPod touch" because no songs in your iTunes library can be played on this iPod".

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing iTunes, Restoring the iPod through iTunes, Setting the iPod to manually add music, changed the "convert higher bit rate songs to..." I've also checked the music format against what can be put on the iPod..... nothing is working. It also hasn't asked me to trust my computer which i always get when i plug my iPhone in?

Anyone any ideas as i'm losing the will to live!!!! :/

I should also point out that the music is showing on the iPod on iTunes but its all grayed out and has a dotted circle to the left of the music?

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 1:46 PM

8 replies

Apr 24, 2015 3:36 PM in response to nicnic2015

First:

Next:

- Unsync/delete all music and resync

To delete all music go to Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Manage Storage>Music>Tap edit in upper right and then tap the minus sign by All Music

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

HELP!!! I can't add music to my Ipod!! :(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.