Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to have iMovie events in one single shared folder ?

Hi,

I have an iMac configured with multi-user sessions (one per family member). I start with iMovie, and it seems that when working with events and projects, all data is located on personal user root folder.

My requirements are 1) to avoid duplication of data, and 2) allow every one to work with imported events.

I tried to locate all events & projects in the iMac shared folder, however iMovie does not recognize them anymore.

What is the solution ?

iMovie '11, Mac OS X (10.6.8), purchased on 2010 October

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 2:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2015 10:46 AM

Good Morning tonitri,

I understand you want to share iMovie libraries, events and projects among different users on your iMac without duplicating or copying data to each user account.

My suggestion would be to use a large capacity external Thunderbolt, FireWire or USB drive for all of your video files so that everyone in your family has access to the libraries, imported clips, events, projects, and exported final movies that you create with iMovie.

You could organize the information any number of ways. One way to start is to create a library for each family member on the external drive.

Take a look at the following resources for iMovie:

iMovie (2013): Work with multiple libraries
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH14745?locale=en_US

iMovie Help: Library overview

Cheers,

- Judy

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2015 10:46 AM in response to tonitri

Good Morning tonitri,

I understand you want to share iMovie libraries, events and projects among different users on your iMac without duplicating or copying data to each user account.

My suggestion would be to use a large capacity external Thunderbolt, FireWire or USB drive for all of your video files so that everyone in your family has access to the libraries, imported clips, events, projects, and exported final movies that you create with iMovie.

You could organize the information any number of ways. One way to start is to create a library for each family member on the external drive.

Take a look at the following resources for iMovie:

iMovie (2013): Work with multiple libraries
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH14745?locale=en_US

iMovie Help: Library overview

Cheers,

- Judy

How to have iMovie events in one single shared folder ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.