Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match deletes any playlists (including folders) if it cant match the songs on the playlist

iTunes Match appears to delete playlists (including the playlist folder it's in) if it can't find the music within the said playlist. I had a folder that had recordings of my siblings playing at their recitals for college. Whenever I opened iTunes, once iTunes Match ran, these playlists were deleted, including the folder they were in. The music is still in my iTunes library. I re-added the music to a playlist three times and each time iTunes Match updated, the playlist was deleted. The fix was to turn off iTunes Match, but I'm paying for this service and find it convenient for the music it can find to be on my iPhone in the cloud. Is there any way around this without creating a whole new library that doesn't use iTunes Match (which is really inconvenient)?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.2, 64 GB, Verizon Wireless

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 3:26 PM

1 reply

Jun 9, 2015 6:41 AM in response to SpasticPat

Anyone else experience this? I have iTunes Match turned off because I can't have my other playlists in iTunes without it removing them every time. I don't care if they're not able to be placed in iCloud for my iPhone or not but I have a ton that can be, but can't turn on iTunes Match without having to readd all the other playlists over again.

iTunes Match deletes any playlists (including folders) if it cant match the songs on the playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.