Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone is not accepting my password

I have just turned on my Iphone 5c and typed in my password (which I've used for months so I know it's correct) and it wont accept it. I haven't backed up my photos or contacts on the device. Also, I dont know if this is relevant but its not connecting to my wifi and is saying that I'm using 4G. What do i do?

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 2:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 2:48 PM

Hi Heather53809,

Thanks for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you're not able to enter your passcode on your iPhone 5c. If you're not able to unlock the device with your passcode, it may be necessary to restore it to factory settings. I know this situation can be worrying when there's a chance of losing data.

If you have synced your iPhone with iTunes on a computer, I recommend trying the specific steps outlined below. These steps should allow you to create a backup during the restore process:

If you've synced your device with iTunes, you can restore your device.

1. Connect the device to the computer you normally sync with.
  2. Open iTunes. If iTunes asks you to enter your passcode or asks you to allow access, try another computer that you've synced with. Or use recovery mode. (Click the link to be taken to the steps.)
  3. iTunes will automatically sync your device and create a backup. If it doesn't, sync the device with iTunes.
  4. After the sync is complete, restore your device.
  5. When iOS Setup Assistant asks to set up your device, choose "Restore from iTunes backup."
  6. Select your device in iTunes and choose the most recent backup.

Forgot passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

Best Regards,

Jeremy

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2015 2:48 PM in response to Heather53809

Hi Heather53809,

Thanks for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you're not able to enter your passcode on your iPhone 5c. If you're not able to unlock the device with your passcode, it may be necessary to restore it to factory settings. I know this situation can be worrying when there's a chance of losing data.

If you have synced your iPhone with iTunes on a computer, I recommend trying the specific steps outlined below. These steps should allow you to create a backup during the restore process:

If you've synced your device with iTunes, you can restore your device.

1. Connect the device to the computer you normally sync with.
  2. Open iTunes. If iTunes asks you to enter your passcode or asks you to allow access, try another computer that you've synced with. Or use recovery mode. (Click the link to be taken to the steps.)
  3. iTunes will automatically sync your device and create a backup. If it doesn't, sync the device with iTunes.
  4. After the sync is complete, restore your device.
  5. When iOS Setup Assistant asks to set up your device, choose "Restore from iTunes backup."
  6. Select your device in iTunes and choose the most recent backup.

Forgot passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

Best Regards,

Jeremy

My iphone is not accepting my password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.