Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Consolidate multiple iTunes libraries on External HD to use with iTunes Match

I have a backed up iTunes library on an external HD because I rebuilt my macBook Air. I now want to move it to another External HD, consolidate that library with the one I have been building on my laptop for the last 6 months and use iTunes Match for 1 library.

There seem to be multiple ways of copying or building the libraries themselves. I would like to keep playlists but it is not absolutely necessary. Where do I start?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 4:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 6:42 PM

You can check online for various merging tools but the standard way is to simply drag media from one media folder to iTunes open to the other library.

You could try exporting and importing playlists. I don't have much experience with that but I don't know how well it will work since playlists basically point to media files and if you are moving those...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2015 6:42 PM in response to bradfromwhitby

You can check online for various merging tools but the standard way is to simply drag media from one media folder to iTunes open to the other library.

You could try exporting and importing playlists. I don't have much experience with that but I don't know how well it will work since playlists basically point to media files and if you are moving those...

Consolidate multiple iTunes libraries on External HD to use with iTunes Match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.