Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto 9.5.1 internet connection problem

my computer is connected to the internet as I write this. iPhoto 9.5.1 says "your computer is not connected to the internet". Running MacOS 10,9.5 on iMac. Is there a way to fix this?

OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), iMac

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 5:58 PM

3 replies

Apr 24, 2015 11:04 PM in response to Old Toad

Looking at a photo with the info window open and the location tab open. iPhoto is trying to display the location map for the photo and is displaying the "This computer is not connected to the internet" message.. This did not happen with previous versions of iPhoto. I have not changed my connection method (adsl modem (bridge) connected by ethernet to Time Capsule then wireless to iMac)

TIA for your help,

jgl94301

Apr 25, 2015 9:40 AM in response to jgl94301

I just noticed that I am having a similar problem with iTunes. When I ask it to download the IOS 8.3 update for my iPod touch iTunes says my computer is not connected to the internet -- but I can reach the iTunes store so obviously the computer is connected. There must be some very flakey code somewhere in between that decides connected or not.

jgl94301

iphoto 9.5.1 internet connection problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.