Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

remember username

how to safe username in safari

iPad, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 2:26 PM

7 replies

Apr 24, 2015 5:50 PM in response to Ingrid Berg

Certain websites offer the option to save your username so as long as you don't clear your cookies or as long as a set time limit hasn't expired. The username will remain and all you'll need to enter is the password. If you clear cookies (history & website data) then your saved username will no longer be there. Make sure you have cookies enabled Settings->Safari->Privacy & Security->Block Cookies->Allow for Websites I visit.

Apr 24, 2015 6:02 PM in response to jazcan

Thank you. I have done all what you wrote but it does not work. User name is gone every time safari is closed and that is for several different accounts. I spent over 6 hours to resolve and even talked to the bank. It is frustrating but I told my husband he has to use my Windows computer and hopefully with the next update it will work again.

Cheers

Ingrid

Apr 24, 2015 6:32 PM in response to Ingrid Berg

Wait a minute, you may have accidentally turned Private Borwsing on which would not save website info. Follow the directions to turn it off.

Turn Private Browsing on or off on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple SupportI

LOL , Demo, you beat me to it. The same thing happened with my folks the other day & it was driving them crazy.

Also, in Settings->Safari-> Do Not Track is not enabled (Green)

remember username

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.