Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod not opening!

Hello to all! Yesterday, my one month old 5th generation iPod touch [64 GB] has stopped opening. Pressing the home button would not display the home screen. Keeping pressed the power button [at the top right] wouldn't start the device. My last use of it was to use it's torch for a short while [not more than 3 minutes] yesterday evening. I do not think that battery failure has taken place...we were using the iPod to hear music from YT videos in the morning after which I had got the device fully charged. However, to rule out this, I tried connecting it up for charging, but no charging icon turned up.😟

Need to trudge to the Apple Service centre, but if any home-remedy can be offered, I gladly try it out!

Cheers.

Dr. Somanna

iPod touch, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 3:12 PM

3 replies

Apr 29, 2015 7:50 PM in response to somanna

Hello to all! I had been to the authorised service centre yesterday and got the problem rectified. The technician informed me that the device had gone into sleep mode and that the battery had got drained of power because many applications were not closed. He taught me that in such a situation, I should press the home and power buttons at the same time to open the device. He did that and charged the device for a while. After 10 minutes, the device opened upon pressing the home button.

I addd this detail for those who may not be aware. This is concerning how to close apps. Double pressing the home button shows up all the apps that are open. By dragging them upwards out of the screen one by one, the apps can be closed.

I hope this will be of help to those whose iPod does not open on account of what had happened in my case!

Cheers.

Dr. Somanna

iPod not opening!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.