Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.3 issue

i I have been having connectivity issues for a few months now. My iPad will drop wifi for no reason. I usually have to turn off the wifi in settings then back on. If that doesn't work, I have to do a hard shutdown. That was annoying enough, but now I am almost at a standstill. Since upgrading to 8.3, everything is dragging so slowly that my iPad is almost useless. It takes so long for something to load, that I then lose wifi and have to start over again. It took approx 25 minutes to get to this site. Every website that I try to access is the same. It takes several minutes, up to about 8 minutes to load. If I'm lucky I get to view one page before I lose the wifi. I then have to restart the whole sequence to try to connect again.

I use this iPad to earn a little extra money, since I am disabled. I have been unable to work since I upgraded. Can anyone give me any assistance? Or do I have to wait for the next update?

Thank you.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 3:08 PM

7 replies

Apr 24, 2015 4:58 PM in response to Beckyterr

If it has NEVER been jailbroke, here are some standard repair procedures:

First, try a system reset. It cures many ills and it's quick, easy and harmless...

Hold down the on/off switch and the Home button simultaneously until you see the Apple logo. Ignore the "Slide to power off" text if it appears. You will not lose any apps, data, music, movies, settings, etc.

If the Reset doesn't work, try a Restore. Note that it's nowhere near as quick as a Reset. It could take well over an hour! Connect via cable to the computer that you use for sync. From iTunes, select the iPad/iPod and then select the Summary tab. Follow the on-screen directions for Restore and be sure to say "yes" to the backup. You will be warned that all data (apps, music, movies, etc.) will be erased but, as the Restore finishes, you will be asked if you wish the contents of the backup to be copied to the iPad/iPod. Again, say "yes."

At the end of the basic Restore, you will be asked if you wish to sync the iPad/iPod. As before, say "yes." Note that that sync selection will disappear and the Restore will end if you do not respond within a reasonable time. If that happens, only the apps that are part of the IOS will appear on your device. Corrective action is simple - choose manual "Sync" from the bottom right of iTunes.

If you're unable to do the Restore (or it doesn't help), go into Recovery Mode per the instructions here. You WILL lose all of your data (game scores, etc,) but, for the most part, you can redownload apps and music without being charged again. Also, read this.

May 7, 2015 2:00 PM in response to Beckyterr

Hi Beckyterr,

After upgrading my iPad 4 to the latest iOS version 8.3, I was seeing wifi issues too. Tried pretty much all the troubleshooting steps that I came across here in the forum and also online but nothing helped. However few days back I disabled Bluetooth & restarted my iPad after that. To my surprise the wifi issues that I have been seeing disappeared :-).

If you are still seeing wifi issues, try this option & see if that works.

iOS 8.3 issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.