Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes lyrics have extra line breaks on iPhone

I use the iTunes Lyrics window to add track personnel (i.e. the musicians and their instruments). Late last year, 2 things happened:

1. The iTunes software (in OS X Lion) was updated (I'm now using 12.x, but it started with some version before that)
  2. I started using an iPhone 4 to listen to music, after I broke my old iPod Classic

After one or both of those events, I noticed that any new text I placed in iTunes Lyrics has extra line breaks (i.e. double-spaced) when it shows up on the iPhone. Anything that I typed into iTunes before these 2 events happened still looks OK.

This might seem like a trivial problem, but when there are a dozen or more musicians there are too many lines to view on one screen. This makes it hard to see the info at a glance.

I've tried typing the text in different formats, for example changing the line feed in TextWrangler to use either CR, CRLF, or LF but this doesn't seem to make a difference. But I've also tried using TextEdit and OpenOffice to prepare the text (in addition to typing directly into iTunes), with the same results.

Message was edited by: Bill.Bookers

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 2:40 PM

1 reply

iTunes lyrics have extra line breaks on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.