Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to resize two partitions into one larger partition.

I have an External Drive with two partitions on it. One stores my projects and the other, backups. I would like to have the backups and my projects on the same partition so they can share space. Firstly I have removed the Backup partition and I am left with the other partition taking up half of the disk. My question is possibly could I resize the partition so that it takes up the full disk without deleting my projects? Thanks

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 3:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 3:57 PM

Open the Disk Utility and look at the list of partitions.

If the Projects one is the first in the list, drag the slider below it as far down as it will go and click Apply.

If the Projects one is the second in the list, no.

In any case, all of the files you'd like to keep should be on at least two drives so they won't be lost in the event one fails.

(126701)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2015 3:57 PM in response to ItsTake2Two

Open the Disk Utility and look at the list of partitions.

If the Projects one is the first in the list, drag the slider below it as far down as it will go and click Apply.

If the Projects one is the second in the list, no.

In any case, all of the files you'd like to keep should be on at least two drives so they won't be lost in the event one fails.

(126701)

How to resize two partitions into one larger partition.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.