Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3rd Gen Apple TV missing All Movies menu

My Apple TV lost the menu for All movies in the Purchase Movies section. How can I get this back?

Apple TV

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 4:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 8:15 AM

Looks like you can forget that function. Support acknowledged to me that it was removed in the last update 7.2 and wouldn't give a reason for the removal. They also refused to escalate my call to complain regarding this removal. I had over 560 movies and it is now worthless to me to try and find a movie now. I use to search by alphabetic list. Can't anymore. It appears Apple does not care for its customers. They don't provide the support and don't listen.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2015 8:15 AM in response to stephaniefromnapa

Looks like you can forget that function. Support acknowledged to me that it was removed in the last update 7.2 and wouldn't give a reason for the removal. They also refused to escalate my call to complain regarding this removal. I had over 560 movies and it is now worthless to me to try and find a movie now. I use to search by alphabetic list. Can't anymore. It appears Apple does not care for its customers. They don't provide the support and don't listen.

Apr 26, 2015 7:02 PM in response to ocenprise

Boy, when Apple gets it wrong, they REALLY get it wrong. That function was my primary way for selecting movies in my library. A nice alphabetic, complete listing, not to mention a total movie count. I can only think that they eliminated it to mask the reduction of your total number of movies when iTunes removes titles from their store. It's dishonest and a huge pain in the rear!

Apr 26, 2015 8:09 PM in response to stephaniefromnapa

I have 600 movies and am very upset by this. I have them backed up to my iMac but that isn't the point...streaming is supposed to be the superior experience. If they are going to start removing movies from the store then what's the point of having iTunes in the first place? Or an apple tv?? I prefer to not run my mac all of the time so I can watch movies. FIX THIS APPLE!!!

Apr 26, 2015 8:18 PM in response to rayk62

And to make matters worse, you now have to search the genres, and they are inaccurate. E.g., some Harry Potter titles are listed under Kids and Family, and others are listed under Sci-Fi and Fantasy....and still others are under Action and Adventure. So for me to look at my complete library of Harry Potter films, I need to go through and search each genre to find them. Makes me want to go out and buy a Blu-ray player.

3rd Gen Apple TV missing All Movies menu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.