Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IWhat is obstructing my charger to plug into ipad2?

I have had my ipad2 for some time now. yesterday i was able to plug charger into it for charging and today I can't. Why could that be? Is it broken? It plugs into ipod fine, no worries for that. But got problems on my ipad's behalf... Please help and is it expensive to fix? Tia.

iPad 2, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 5:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 6:50 PM

Yes., the cable's are interchangeable but the chargers are different. You can use the iPad charger to charge the iPod Touch but using the charger that came with the iPod Touch to charge the iPad isn't recommended as it doesn't have enough power & would result in the iPad charging very slowly.

In any case, I hope your local guy is able to fix the problem.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2015 6:50 PM in response to Julzzan

Yes., the cable's are interchangeable but the chargers are different. You can use the iPad charger to charge the iPod Touch but using the charger that came with the iPod Touch to charge the iPad isn't recommended as it doesn't have enough power & would result in the iPad charging very slowly.

In any case, I hope your local guy is able to fix the problem.

Apr 24, 2015 5:36 PM in response to Julzzan

Shine a flashlight in the port...do you see anything protruding or any bent metal? If the charger is still plugging into your other devices then something in the iPad 2's port must be stopping you from plugging it in. Can you insert it part way or it is not plugging in at all?

If you can't see anything & can no longer plug in the charger, then I'm afraid it't time for you to make an appointment at a Genius Bar.& see if they can determine what's causing the problem & hopefully be able to fix it.

IWhat is obstructing my charger to plug into ipad2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.