Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

forget apple id for activation my phone 5s

i did a rest to my iPhone 5s,then this massage comes saying this phone is currently linked to an apple id.sign in with apple id that was used to set up this phone.when i put my apple id it says cannot be used to unlock this phone.

i dont remember any other id.what shall i do?

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 4:16 PM

19 replies

Apr 24, 2015 4:18 PM in response to sameir el-mezieni

If you're the device's original owner, take the device and its original purchase receipt to a physical Apple Store.

If not, but you're able to contact the person who set the lock, send them this link and tell them to follow its instructions.

If neither of the above applies, you can't activate the device but may be able to get it refunded. Apple won't remove the lock for anyone other than the original owner(assuming they're alive.)

(126704)

Apr 24, 2015 4:23 PM in response to AppleGirl4231

AppleGirl4231 wrote:

Get in contact with Applecare 1-800-MYAPPLE

They can take a look and figure out what the Apple ID is and help you get back in.

No they cannot if it is hit Activation Lock due to being tied to an earlier owners Apple ID. They will not unlock it under any circumstances. Please check you information properly before posting misinformation.

Cheers

Pete

Apr 24, 2015 4:40 PM in response to sameir el-mezieni

sameir el-mezieni wrote:

I Am original owner and that's what happened, I am not posting misinformation

I did not say you were not. I answered AppleGirl4321 not you

AppleGirl4231 wrote:

Get in contact with Applecare 1-800-MYAPPLE

They can take a look and figure out what the Apple ID is and help you get back in.

No they cannot if it is hit Activation Lock due to being tied to an earlier owners Apple ID. They will not unlock it under any circumstances. Please check you information properly before posting misinformation.

I gave you a link to track down the password and ID that you must have entered and forgotten when you first set up your phone. Without it you cannot use the device.

Pete

Apr 24, 2015 5:04 PM in response to petermac87

I have another iPhone 6+ and my Apple ID works fine. I don't have any problems with Apple ID. Even when I rest my 5s asked me for Apple ID to rest the phone and remove find my iPhone, I gave the Apple ID and password and accepted that, then started to rest. When I turned on was asking me for Apple ID, I put the same one I used but did not accept

Sent from my iPhone

forget apple id for activation my phone 5s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.