Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have two macs. How do I tell my iPad which one to sync with?

I Just got a new MacBook. How do I tell my iPad to stop syncing with the old one and only sync with the new one?

iMac (21.5-inch Late 2009), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 6:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 12:05 AM

You've copied your iTunes library over from the old computer ? If not : How to move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Support

Or you can use home sharing (if the two computers are connected to the same wifi network) to copy you content between computers.

Or you can add your library to your new computer's iTunes from your backup of it via File > Add To Library.

There are some steps on this page for how to change the computer that a device is synced to (the page was written for iPhones, but it applies to iPads as well) : Syncing to a "New" Computer or replacing a "crashed" Hard Drive

Some of the steps on that page have changed slightly (it was written for a previous version of iTunes) :

5, is now File > Devices > Transfer Purchases

6, 'Reset Warnings' at the bottom of the phone's Summary tab in iTunes

7, File > Devices > Back Up

8, File > Devices > Restore from Backup (or Restore Backup button on the Summary tab)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2015 12:05 AM in response to theglenfromwa

You've copied your iTunes library over from the old computer ? If not : How to move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Support

Or you can use home sharing (if the two computers are connected to the same wifi network) to copy you content between computers.

Or you can add your library to your new computer's iTunes from your backup of it via File > Add To Library.

There are some steps on this page for how to change the computer that a device is synced to (the page was written for iPhones, but it applies to iPads as well) : Syncing to a "New" Computer or replacing a "crashed" Hard Drive

Some of the steps on that page have changed slightly (it was written for a previous version of iTunes) :

5, is now File > Devices > Transfer Purchases

6, 'Reset Warnings' at the bottom of the phone's Summary tab in iTunes

7, File > Devices > Back Up

8, File > Devices > Restore from Backup (or Restore Backup button on the Summary tab)

I have two macs. How do I tell my iPad which one to sync with?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.