Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When updating apps on iPhone using iTunes on mac, app store badge does not go away

So I have this weird bug, it appears others do to but I do not see any specific solution, just work arounds.

If I use iTunes on my mac to update the apps on my iPhone 5s via the usb lightning cable, the app store badge on my iphone does not update. If you check for updates on the app store app in the iphone it will show no updated available after briefly showing the apps that were updated via itunes. It shows them needing updates, then it updates and changed them all to open buttons since they are up to date. However the badge does not update or go away in the app's update tab, or on the apps main icon on the iphone.

Is there a fix in the works for this? Does anyone have a solution or setting that causes this?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3, Macbook Pro running Mac OS 10.10.3

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 7:07 PM

There are no replies.

When updating apps on iPhone using iTunes on mac, app store badge does not go away

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.