Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I install itunes on a surface pro 2 tablet?

My ipad won't update through the ipad so I need to do it through my computer but all I have is a surface pro 2 windows tablet and I cant install iTunes on it. Is there anyway to download it for my computer or other ways of updating ipads if it wont work on the ipad??

iPad 2, iOS 8.1

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 7:56 PM

iTunes should install on a Surface Pro 2 just like any other PC running Windows 8.1. If you go to http://www.apple.com/itunes/ and click the Download iTunes button the next page should give you access to the appropriate installer. Note, though, that the relatively limited storage, especially on the lower spec models, may limit the size of library you can have without using external storage. iTunes itself requires 400Mb of free disc space to be installed.

iTunes does not run on the original Surface and the Surface 2 that run Windows RT. The new Surface 3 runs full Windows 8.1 and should support iTunes just like the Pro 2 and Pro 3.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2015 7:56 PM in response to AwesomeJordo

iTunes should install on a Surface Pro 2 just like any other PC running Windows 8.1. If you go to http://www.apple.com/itunes/ and click the Download iTunes button the next page should give you access to the appropriate installer. Note, though, that the relatively limited storage, especially on the lower spec models, may limit the size of library you can have without using external storage. iTunes itself requires 400Mb of free disc space to be installed.

iTunes does not run on the original Surface and the Surface 2 that run Windows RT. The new Surface 3 runs full Windows 8.1 and should support iTunes just like the Pro 2 and Pro 3.

How do I install itunes on a surface pro 2 tablet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.