Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hey if i purchase from custom it will have apple waranty or not

hey if i purchase iphone from custom i have custom bill will it have apple warranty

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 7:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 8:49 PM

Apple's one-year warranty covers all Apple products from the original date of purchase and does not depend on purchasing from Apple. If you purchase from a non-Apple source, be sure to go on-line and register your purchase so it is in the system.

5 replies

Apr 25, 2015 4:56 AM in response to vishal1783

vishal1783 wrote:

but the person who were selling the iphone he tells that their was no warranty beacuse its custom bill and imported i want service in india and online shows that the phone is under service can i buy the phone

Custom build has nothing to do with having or not having a warranty...Apple warrants all products for one year from date of original purchase. However, the warranty on an iPhone is ONLY valid in the country designated for sale of the iPhone. That means, an iPhone designated by Apple for sale in the US will have a warranty valid only in the US. An iPhone "imported" to India that was not designated by Apple for sale in India does not have a warranty.

The registration of the iPhone may show it still has a valid warranty, but to exercise that warranty you will have to physically take the iPhone to the country where Apple originally sold it. You cannot send it there, you must take it there as Apple will not accept shipments for warranty service from outside the designated country.

If you buy the iPhone, you do so without a valid warranty in India.

hey if i purchase from custom it will have apple waranty or not

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.