Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV basically useless

Hi, so I have a second gen Apple TV that has done great the last few years. Last week I saw there was a firmware issue, and using a micro USB I got the Apple TV restored and working. Except that it really is just a paperweight now. I cannot log into my Apple ID account, which is current and entered correctly. I even did not use the .com shortcut. It keeps trying to send a registration but it just spins and spins, and never finishes and then starts going to sleep. It cannot change the date and time by itself. It just seems to be as good as a paperweight.

I am trying to figure out the deal. Honestly I know the future will require me to upgrade to a newer model, but I have to watch the wallet right now and I just want my netflix and other goodies. Is there any way to salvage this wreck?

Again I cannot log into to iCloud or to home share. Yes my ID is 100% correct. The thing doesn't want to do anything it seems. And I really just need this thing for 1 more month.

Any help is much appreciated.

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 7:06 PM

1 reply

Apr 25, 2015 10:27 AM in response to Cowboy22

I'm not great with computers so offering this suggestion based on my limited knolwedge.

I did have a similar condition months back.

Here are my suggestions based on correcting my problem:

* Unplug power supply to Apple TV - wait couple minutes -plug back in.

* If that does not help --- since your main concern seems to be with Netflix, go to Netflix web page, follow instructions. If no success on their page, call them on phone- I found them to be quick and helpful.

By the way -- initially I had problems using netflix due to my internet provider. I was using WiFi at the time and it was jerky and slow and often audio and video were out of sync. I ran a data wire from router directly to Apple TV - works perfect ever since.

GF in San Diego

Apple TV basically useless

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.