Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pages

I recently updated my pages and now I am unable to copy and paste multiple pictures into a pages document. They will past but they are all stacked on top of each other. Normally there would 1 to 2 pictures per page and it would automatically disperse them on to different pages. I am beyond frustrated and don't know what to do. Any help would be so appreciated!!!!!!!!!

Mac mini, iOS 8.3, Yosemite

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 8:29 PM

1 reply

Apr 25, 2015 4:44 AM in response to jsn.sheward

Pages '09 v4.3 will advance to the next page when pasting images onto a page and there is insufficient room on the current page. Pages v5 (any release) will simply stack the pasted images above the last, and not advance to the next page. This is normal behavior for Pages v5 — whether you copy/paste, drag and drop, or use the Media selection from the Toolbar.

If you had Pages '09 v4.3 installed, it was silently moved into /Applications/iWork '09 folder after the Pages v5 installation. You can resume using Pages '09, and regain 100+ features over Pages v5.5.3. This will also restore your preferred image pasting behavior.

When it was initially released 20-months ago, Pages v5 was a complete rewrite, and inherited almost nothing from Pages '09, and has received scathing reviews from users that want a useful word processor again.

pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.