Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What app is better Apple Mail or Outlook for Mac 2011?

What do you guys prefer?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Early 2011 MacBook Pro 15 Inch 2Ghz

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 7:01 PM

10 replies

Apr 24, 2015 7:20 PM in response to TheSnapDude

Outlook is very cluttered and with so many things to do I easily lose track of the primary function - email.

I much prefer the cleaner less cluttered Mail approach. Calendars handled by Calendar rather than the email program, for example.

Perhaps in an enterprise setting Outlook might be preferred but you can still accomplish things like sharing using Mail.

Apr 25, 2015 7:00 AM in response to Csound1

And, in fact, spammers took advantage of bounce features in both mail clients and mail servers. The would send mail to a known site that would bounce messages, but put millions of legitimate email addresses (forged) as the sender. So essentially the site or client that bounced messages would become a spammer inadvertently. This is known as "bounce back" spam, and it forced ISPs to stop bouncing messages on failed delivery.

I manage a listserv server; at its peak several years ago we were getting 500 messages to bounce an hour, and WE because labeled as a spammer by the major spam registries. We had to add sophisticated filtering to block the bounceback spam before it reached our mail transfer agent.

What app is better Apple Mail or Outlook for Mac 2011?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.