Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am having to run Verify Disk Permissions/permission repair about twice a week. I have a 2007 MacBookPro and have replaced the hard drive twice. And when I shut off the laptop, it sometimes starts back up. Any suggestions?

About twice a week I am having to run Verify Disk Permissions/Permissions Repair. I am noticing slow and stuttering activity. Sometimes when I shut off the laptop, it restarts and I send the usual reports. However it doesn't seem to make any difference. I purchased the 13" laptop in 2009. This is the 3rd hard drive I have put in this machine. Any suggestions for a non-technical mac owner?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009)

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 7:47 PM

2 replies

I am having to run Verify Disk Permissions/permission repair about twice a week. I have a 2007 MacBookPro and have replaced the hard drive twice. And when I shut off the laptop, it sometimes starts back up. Any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.