Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes does not recognise my iphone or ipad

I have updated my PC, iPhone and iPad to the latest software releases. When I connect either device to my PC iTunes does not recognise the device. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 7:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply
14 replies

May 3, 2015 12:51 PM in response to mad_prof

I'm having this same problem. Trying to backup my iPhone on my laptop, and iTunes does not recognize that the iPhone is plugged in. I've tried everything on the help page, including using a different cord (both purchased from Apple store with my phone), and nothing. The laptop recognizes that the phone is connected and I can copy my photos, but that's all. Any other ideas??

Sep 17, 2015 4:32 PM in response to mad_prof

I have suddenly having "recognise" problems for my iPad and iPhone on both my iMac and the same problem trying to use a Lenovo PC running Win 8 64bit. So I cannot Backup, Restore or Transfer music from either of the computers to both Apple Hardware items!

I have wasted hours going through all the steps.

The fact that the identical problem is occurring on two different computers, Mac and PC, means there is a BUG IN THE SYSTEM.

PLEASE FIX IT.

Sep 19, 2015 7:59 AM in response to RaphH

I "eventually" after much sweat got iMac to recognise my iPhone and iPad.

I then in desperation used "CopyTrans Drivers Installer" to fix my PC and get it working.

This whole process must have taken at least EIGHT houhrs, over two evenings of sweating it out!

You may ask why worry about the PC. I had problems trying to do a restore once before and was advised by a Apple technician to try a PC and then was able to fix my problem, so I now run double backups!! I am now always very careful!!

This "recognising" seems that this is a common problem having asked around. WHY?

Sep 19, 2015 1:33 PM in response to samhallnc

Strange I went through that at least twice with no luck. Only when I ran "CopyTrans Drivers Installer" through and then reinstalled iTunes 12.3.0.44 di I finally solve my problem.

It does not look as if there is a finite answer for this problem. I took many tries and eventually my luck was in. What works for one does not work for another, so it would seem!!

It seems to be a game of chance and it should not be.

itunes does not recognise my iphone or ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.