Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match wiped out most of my Library

I am in Australia visiting for about 12 months. I brought my iPhone and MacBook Air with my music library loaded with a small catalogue of about 3000 songs. Like a lot of people much of my iPhone library was blocked - I could see the songs there but could not access the music. I could on my MacBook. I had resisted buying iTunes Match because I frankly thought it was a cash grab but finally decided to pay for this service because it promised that I could access all my library on all my devices. Once I subscribed, not only did my iPhone music not comeback but iTunes match wiped out the music on my MacBook. I now only have access to about 600 songs. This is music that I downloaded from CD's that I bought. While my library still is on my iMac back home, I am not going back home to Canada until the end of this year. (thank you so much Apple) To make matters worse, the first supervisor (I was routed to management after complaining) was less than sympathetic and basically told me that while I could have my money back for subscribing, there was nothing they could do to recover my library. This kind of problem and lack of support is why I switched to Apple some 7 years ago. Their recent "improvements" may make them more money but it is not gaining my support as a customer. In this case, I feel that Apple 'stole' my music. This burns me no end.

iPod touch (3rd generation), iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 8:13 PM

There are no replies.

iTunes Match wiped out most of my Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.