Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no DNS server, no internet, no PPPoE.

I have successfully configured my time capsule before. However, after almost 3 months, now can't connect to time capsule, and it shows threes messages:

1 No DNS server.

2 No internet connection.

3 No PPPoE.

Both the modem and the capsule were working fine, then the modem had a red light, but the capsule was still operating. I have not done anything to fix the modem since i was connected to the internet through the time capsule, and it was backing up my data normally. However, somehow the modem re light is back to green and I can connect to it, but now the capsule quit working and its showing the messages I mentioned earlier.

Please tell me what can I do to fix it, and am I going to lose all the data in the capsule?

Thank you very much.

Time capsule-OTHER, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 9:05 PM

1 reply

Apr 24, 2015 11:24 PM in response to iVinnie 7

Reset it to factory and start over.

No data is lost.

Factory reset universal

Power off the TC.. ie pull the power cord or power off at the wall.. wait 10sec.. hold in the reset button.. be gentle.. power on again still holding in reset.. and keep holding it in for another 10sec. You may need some help as it is hard to both hold in reset and apply power. It will show success by rapidly blinking the front led. Release the reset.. and wait a couple of min for the TC to reset and come back with factory settings. If the front LED doesn’t blink rapidly you missed it and simply try again. The reset is fairly fragile in these.. press it so you feel it just click and no more.. I have seen people bend the lever or even break it. I use a toothpick as tool.

N.B. None of your files on the hard disk of the TC are deleted.. this simply clears out the router settings of the TC.

I would say your modem has reverted to full router mode.. somehow.. and therefore the PPPOE now won't work.. if PPPOE fails then dns will fail and internet will fail.

no DNS server, no internet, no PPPoE.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.