Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.3 Upgrade Causes iTunes on Win7 to no longer mount iPad or iPhone

Before upgrading to iOS 8,3, both my iPad and iPhone would show up under the "Computer" section of "Windows Explorer" in Microsoft Windows 7 on my DELL laptop PC. I not sure what piece of software did this magic to let me see my photos that I took on my iPad or iPhone but there they were under this neat mount point under that Computer section of Windows Explorer. So, Adobe Lightroom could easily import them or you could simply browse them with Windows Explorer.

However, after upgrading today (4/24/15) to iOS 8.3, that mount point never happens. I first noticed it after upgrading my iPad to iOS 8.3 but did not pay enough attention to whether I had a mount point, or not, before this upgrade. After searching the Internet for similar problem reports and finding none, I went ahead and and upgraded my iPhone as well.

However, this time I paid attention to both the before and after. Before the upgrade, my iPhone showed up mounted under the "Computer" section (in left pane of Windows Explorer). I browsed the 97 photos there with Windows Explorer. I opened a few to see the actual photos. SO, ALL WAS WELL with iOS 8.2.

Unfortunately, after upgrading my iPhone to iOS 8.3, the mounting of the iPhone never occurs again and the iPhone cannot be seen by Windows Explorer. Again, I searched the Internet and this Apple forum (community) for similar problem reports and I cannot believe that I found none. This problem that I'm experiencing makes it very inconvenient to import photos easily using the Adobe Lightroom program's import feature since the Lightroom program cannot see the mounted iPhone/iPad's camera roll.

So, anybody have a clue as to what's going on? Why aren't my ios devices (iPad or iPhone) showing up like mount points in the Computer section of the Windows Explorer display under Windows 7 Professional? What did Apple break? What am I doing wrong?

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 7:36 PM

There are no replies.

iOS 8.3 Upgrade Causes iTunes on Win7 to no longer mount iPad or iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.