Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP7 > FCPX (iMovie Pro)

This new 10.2 update is garbage. Is anyone else having trouble with exporting, and importing an image?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Early 2011 MacBook Pro 15 Inch 2Ghz

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 10:00 PM

12 replies

Apr 29, 2015 2:06 PM in response to Hummingbird18

My video files automatically download from the SD card into Photos. So these are MP4 files taken with a Canon 600D. Previously I could select the MP4 file and drag it on to the FCPx timeline and all was good. Not so with Photos. I select, drag and it just doesn't go onto the timeline - floats then disappears. I have tried importing but Photos does not show up as an application you can select to use.

Apr 29, 2015 2:30 PM in response to TheSnapDude

TheSnapDude wrote:

This new 10.2 update is garbage. Is anyone else having trouble with exporting, and importing an image?

I'm not here to argue with you or to apologize for Apple. The upgrade added long-delayed features and fixed a few bugs. That it might have brought along some new issues is typical. But, to answer your inquiry directly, no, we're not having any trouble getting stuff into or out of FCPX. I've imported movies in many formats and frame sizes and frame rates, stills, Motion stuff, music from various sources and formats, and sound effects. I've successfully shared to several of the standard menu options and sent to Compressor for major transcoding to several formats including WMV. There are many formats and actions I have not tested but I'm happy with what I need to get done on a regular basis.

Could you be more specific? We'll be glad to help if we know what you're talking about.

Apr 29, 2015 2:45 PM in response to Hummingbird18

My video files automatically download from the SD card into Photos. So these are MP4 files taken with a Canon 600D.

First, you really need to switch that function off.

Probably your best bet at this stage is to go into the Photos library bundle and dug out your video files so they can be imported properly.

DOes drag and drop for stills work btw?

Apr 29, 2015 5:17 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

No, drag and drop doesn't work for stills either. The only way I can now import stills into FCPX is by saving them in Document rather than Photos. Photos is lost to me now as I really only use it to store photos to import into FCPX. Frustrating.

Could you advise how to turn that function off. If you can, it will save me hours of looking for it!!

Apr 30, 2015 10:45 AM in response to Hummingbird18

You should have no trouble dragging and dropping from the Photos browser inside FCP to the timeline as Luis said.

As for switching off the camera upload function, I think that's regulated in Image Capture. If you connect the device in Image Capture at the bottom of the sidebar is an option to what to do when the device is connected. Select No application.

FCP7 > FCPX (iMovie Pro)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.