Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro stuck on white start-up screen after dropping it!

Can anyone help.

I managed to drop my MacBook Pro last night, there were no visible signs of damage and it remained on and looked OK. I shut down with no issue, and on restarting this morning during start-up my Mac is stuck on the white start up screen, showing the Apple log and with the timer wheel constantly cycling. It has stayed like this for nearly an hour.

What can I do?

Mac Pro, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 1:55 AM

11 replies

Apr 25, 2015 3:40 AM in response to dominic23

Thanks for replying.

Ok so, before I got your message I had started the Apple Hardware Test which 'stalled' after approx 18 mins. I have now followed the resetting PRAM instruction above and it has taken me to a Mac OS X Utilities pop-up asking if I want to:

1. Restore from Time Machine Back up - I don't think I have this set up!

2. Reinstall/set up a new copy of Mac OS X Lion

3. Get Help

4. Disk Utility - repair or erase a disk.

Not sure what to do.. and whether the options taken will delete files/folders etc.

Any thoughts before I plough on?

Apr 25, 2015 4:14 AM in response to T28CEY

T28CEY wrote:

Verify disk process has halted.....

Invalid Node Structure. t

The volume Macintosh HD could not be verified completely.

ERROR; this disk needs to be repaired.

Got the little rainbow wheel cycling now and not letting me select OK to acknowledge the pop-up message that I need to repair disk ?

Run Repair if you can. Restart it if you have to. and try again

Ciao.

Apr 25, 2015 4:13 AM in response to OGELTHORPE

Ok will do but need to go out now so guess it will be later.

The model is a MacBook Pro 13 inch, Late 2011 by the way,

Thanks for you help thus far...I suspect that as I dropped it, something is actually broken and needs repair.

Do you know how I can access files and folders held on my MBP via iCloud on another PC - just in case?

MacBook Pro stuck on white start-up screen after dropping it!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.