Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes apps not the same as windows explorer

I synced my iPad with my desktop computer. In iTunes 180 apps are listed. When I go to Windows Explorer only 156 files are shown. Does that mean 24 apps were not synced?

Also where can I find the number of apps on my iPad?

iPad 2, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 10:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 12:24 AM

The number of apps that you have installed on your iPad is shown on it in Settings > General > About > Applications

Or when connected to your computer's iTunes, select the iPad and hover your mouse pointer over the Apps section of the storage bar at the bottom of the screen, that should display the number of apps (which will hopefully be the same as the number shown in Settings above).

For the difference between the number of apps shown in the Apps part of your iTunes library and how many are in the directory in windows explorer, it's possible that for some of the apps that you have in iTunes you no longer have their .ipa files on your computer - if you no longer have their .ipa files then iTunes won't be able to install them if you select them for installing.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2015 12:24 AM in response to socalobie

The number of apps that you have installed on your iPad is shown on it in Settings > General > About > Applications

Or when connected to your computer's iTunes, select the iPad and hover your mouse pointer over the Apps section of the storage bar at the bottom of the screen, that should display the number of apps (which will hopefully be the same as the number shown in Settings above).

For the difference between the number of apps shown in the Apps part of your iTunes library and how many are in the directory in windows explorer, it's possible that for some of the apps that you have in iTunes you no longer have their .ipa files on your computer - if you no longer have their .ipa files then iTunes won't be able to install them if you select them for installing.

Apr 25, 2015 10:00 AM in response to King_Penguin

Thanks for the reply. I should have been able to find the number of apps on my iPad but some how overlooked it.

Regarding the number of files in Windows Explorer not matching I did not have all the apps backed up. There was something wrong with the Apple Mobile Device Service. I had to remove and reinstall it. Now I have 190 in Windows Explorer and 163 on my iPad. The difference is due to the apps that I have removed from my iPad.

Again thanks.

iTunes apps not the same as windows explorer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.