Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

uninstall latest Yosemite update

Hi,

I replaced my HD for an SSD and ran now into the trim issue. Is it possible to uninstall updates to the point were it is still working.

This extra safety enforced on me by Apple makes me unhappy.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.1)

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 11:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 12:02 AM

Apple has its reasons for enabling kext signing which breaks Trim Enabler but check this out at the Trim Enabler website. I have installed 3rd party SSDs on all of the computers I use (that didn't come with an SSD pre-installed). For all but one the manufacturer claims their built in scheme makes trimming unnecessary and their claims seem to hold up thus far. But I do have the first SSD I bought several years ago and trim does make a difference. I've enabled it in Yosemite following the instructions I link to and it is working. (Using 10.10.3)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2015 12:02 AM in response to benvl

Apple has its reasons for enabling kext signing which breaks Trim Enabler but check this out at the Trim Enabler website. I have installed 3rd party SSDs on all of the computers I use (that didn't come with an SSD pre-installed). For all but one the manufacturer claims their built in scheme makes trimming unnecessary and their claims seem to hold up thus far. But I do have the first SSD I bought several years ago and trim does make a difference. I've enabled it in Yosemite following the instructions I link to and it is working. (Using 10.10.3)

uninstall latest Yosemite update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.