Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete a word that won't erase in the iOS App store search window?

In the IOS App Store app on my iPad Air 2, I had typed in the name of a specific app I was looking for called 'MagicPad' 7 months ago when I first got it. But ever since, I have not been able to permanently erase (delete) that app name search word from the App Store search window. In other words, every time I launch the Apple Store app and click the 'update' icon on the bottom right, the word 'MagicPad' is still in the search window. Note: I can temporarily delete that word, and type in a new search in that search window, but every single time, after I quit the App Store app and relaunch it again, the same word 'MagicPad' that I had originally typed in that search window many months ago reappears there, as if by default. It will not go away no matter how many times I erase it and restart the app, or reboot the iPad. I cannot delete and reinstall the App Store app because it is part of the Apple iOS. Even after going through several iOS updates since getting the machine, it remains there. In other words, unlike all other search windows anywhere on any computer anywhere on the planet that are always blank by default, this iPad's App Store app update search window has retained the very first app search name that I had typed in there 7 months ago. The functionality of my iPad and the App Store app in all other regards works perfectly okay. So for all intents and purposes, this is just a very annoying glitch. Nonetheless, I'd really like to get rid of it.

Mac Pro (Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), And an iPad Air 2 iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 1:23 AM

1 reply

How do I delete a word that won't erase in the iOS App store search window?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.