Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rendering is going very very slow in 10.2

I am not sure if anyone else is having this problem. After getting through all the crashes, I was able to import clips and create a movie in Final Cut 10.2. Now I am trying to render the project and it is running unbelievably slow. It is a 6.3 G file and after 20 minutes only 5% has been rendered.

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 11:29 PM

3 replies

Apr 25, 2015 8:19 AM in response to dfafadfafafsadfasfasfasdfas

If you exported as a Pro Res master file, it should take much less than real time to complete the export. In other words, an hour long timeline should probably not take any longer than 20-40 minutes on that machine. (Hard to be precise because it depends on what and how much effects you used.) On the other hand an H,264 export will probably take considerably longer than real time. If you are exporting to an external drive, make sure it's at least a USB3 connection. Also check available free space on your start-up and media drive.

Russ

Rendering is going very very slow in 10.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.