Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad activation

User uploaded fileDear sir,

I restore my ipad and activate there is id error accured it says this id is not use for unlocking ipad ibought ipad new from china in safari shop but i live in pakistan i have original bill of my ipad plz unlock my ipad

iPad 2, iOS 8.1

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 12:01 AM

21 replies

Apr 27, 2015 7:12 AM in response to arsalankhatri

If you are trying to activate an iPad or iPhone and it is asking for the original owners Apple ID and password, you have encountered the Activation Lock. This is a security feature that prevents thieves from setting up and using a stolen or lost iPad or iPhone. You have no alternative. No must contact the original owner to get permission to use the device. If you cannot contact the original owner return the device to where you bought it and get a refund. You will never be able to activate the device and no one can help you do it.

Apr 28, 2015 1:09 AM in response to arsalankhatri

If you bought the iPad new and it's your account that it's locked to then you can try contacting iTunes Support and see if they will remove the iPad from the account : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/ - they are likely to want to see proof of ownership e.g. original receipt which has its serial number on it.

If the iPad was used and it's not your account then they won't be able to help, only the person whose account it's locked to will be able to remove the iPad from that account.

May 17, 2015 10:58 AM in response to Ralph9430

Hello dear,

I bought ipad new and restore it comes to activation lock and i enter my id but it says this id is not use for unlocking this ipad i have original bill of my ipad i goto where i bought it thy never response and never refund me so plz unlock my ipad and you can't activate my ipad so i would have to case on apple product because they cheat peoples ...

ipad activation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.