Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M Audio firewire solo with yosemite - 'The previously selected audio interface is not available'.

Hi, I recently bought a new mac mini with yosemite OS. I plugged in my M-audio firewire solo and (after a bit of trouble) finally managed to see it appear in GB. then moments later a dialogue box appears with 'The previously selected audio interface is not available'.

There doesn't appear to be any update drivers from M-Audio and the CD that came with the interface also does not work?

I can't find any information with this problem. Can any one help?

Mac mini

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 2:37 AM

3 replies

May 19, 2015 9:03 PM in response to ken.riddell

I'm having trouble getting my Firewire Solo to work too. It shows and I can get it to show in Preferences "Sound" input but I can't get it to record live from my mic.

It's been ten years since I used it last. I have the latest 10.10.3 Yosemite and the latest garageband updates also.

I'll follow your thread if you don't mind.

Maybe we can solve this together.

Pretty unusual that two of us using this old equipment on our newer computers and having this same exact problem

M Audio firewire solo with yosemite - 'The previously selected audio interface is not available'.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.