Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems deleting Google Chrome App with iOS8

So recently, I had an issue with memory on my IPad Mini 16GB where the device was registering that is was full of storage. However, I use iTunes Match, which allows me to have all my music on the cloud, and I have installed only about total 3 GB worth of apps on the iPad, which minimal amount of pictures, etc. I I did a reset on the device and got apps and information back by restoring from the cloud...but some of the apps were a little hard to bring back....ie: Google Chrome. I DID fix the problem with the storage, as now it says I have MUCH more space left on the internal device than before....but I'm having major trouble getting Google Chrome to install/uninstall from the iPad. When I first brought it back from the cloud, it didn't install properly, so I tried to delete it and reinstall....But every time I try to go to my General Settings and try to delete the app, the icon still remains, but the icon is darkened out. I can hold the icon down and the black X appears, and it acts like it will let you delete the app, but then it just stays there and acts like it's "loading" or "waiting" to do something. I hooked the iPad up to the computer to see if I could sync it, and it seemed like this would fix the problem, but still no avail. Anyone have any ideas? It seems like I can't get rid of this app...it's in my cloud or whatever, but I'd like to totally get it gone and reinstall it so it's a fresh platform to start over with. Currently the icon is on the iPad but is darkened out and you can't access anything except holding it down and can "try" to delete it, but again, it won't let you. I know this sounds like a weird issue, but trust me...I'm pretty good with computers and I can't figure this out for the life of me!!

iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 12:15 AM

There are no replies.

Problems deleting Google Chrome App with iOS8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.