Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows iTunes 12.1 keeps crashing

As soon as I try to enter "my account" in the iTunes store, iTunes throws me out. Ridiculous! I am running Windows 7 and the latest version of iTunes.

Windows 7

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 1:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 2:12 AM

Try opening iTunes in safe mode, hold down CTRL+SHIFT as you launch it.

(Details: iTunes: Troubleshooting issues with third-party iTunes plug-ins)

Use Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Reset Cache and sign out of the store. Close iTunes, start normally, sign in again.

Any improvement? If not try Fix unexpected quits or launch issues in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support.

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2015 2:12 AM in response to jem121

Try opening iTunes in safe mode, hold down CTRL+SHIFT as you launch it.

(Details: iTunes: Troubleshooting issues with third-party iTunes plug-ins)

Use Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Reset Cache and sign out of the store. Close iTunes, start normally, sign in again.

Any improvement? If not try Fix unexpected quits or launch issues in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support.

tt2

Apr 25, 2015 4:06 AM in response to turingtest2

I was getting quite excited!!!!! I cleared the Store cache, restarted iTunes in safe mode and cleared the cache again, just to make sure, restarted my PC, started iTunes, crossed my fingers, clicked on the iTunes store, clicked Account, entered my "password" and I was in my account! HURRAH!

Then I decided to look at the button that said something like 'purchase history' and lo and behold I got thrown out again. I've since tried restarting iTunes, clearing the cache again, but as soon as I enter my password for the iTunes store I get the iTunes has stopped working message!

There is obviously something wrong somewhere and not being a computer literate person I am stuck!

Apr 25, 2015 5:23 AM in response to jem121

Try Can't connect to the iTunes Store - Apple Support.

And if that doesn't work go for a full tear down and rebuild as follows...

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try theiTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Windows iTunes 12.1 keeps crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.