Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pro Video Formats 2.0.1 Software Update

Pro Video Formats 2.0.1 Software Update appeared in my App Store updates a few days ago. I did the update and it reappeared a few hours later. I have now done it 4 times and its listed under updates installed in last 30 days 4 times. The last time I did this update was yesterday and its now reappeared again today as a required update.

Anyone know why this keeps reappearing when the update has been done.

Thanks

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.4), 3.4 GHz, i7, 16GB RAM

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 5:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 10:52 AM

Try

Delete /Library/QuickTime/AppleMXFImport.component

THen reinstall again

9 replies

Apr 28, 2015 7:05 PM in response to innocentius

I'm having the same problems.

Here's what stopped the App Store Reload:

Delete all content (except "Core Audio" folder) in the "Library/Quicktime/" folder (copied to a temp folder elsewhere.)

Restart

Install Pro Video Formats 2.0.1 from direct download: "ProVideoFormats.dmg"

Restart

App Store shows everything for updates OK. Pro Video Formats cleared.

Next to determine from the QuickTime Library folder what formats can be reinserted.

MacPro Early 2008

2 x 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

14 GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB

Apr 29, 2015 4:02 PM in response to 8Lincoln30

I don't know for sure, but I have two machines. On one of them I applied the manual fixes suggested by other users. On the other machine I didn't apply the manual fix because I was curious to see whether Apple would eventually fix this problem. Each day I would apply the update only to have it pop straight back up again. This morning, like you, I saw the update roll out again for the manually fixed machine, so I applied the update on both machines. Now neither of them are prompting me to reinstall the update. Therefore I think it's a safe assumption on my part.

Pro Video Formats 2.0.1 Software Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.