Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are my Software Intruments recording delayed patterns on Logic Pro X?

I can never seem to finish a project. It's either my software instruments delay 10 minutes after starting a project, or they delay 10 minutes before i finish. Please help me figure out why my midi software intrument tracks don't record what I play on my keyboard as I played it, or on time, and how I can fix or prevent this issue!!

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 4:27 AM

3 replies

Apr 27, 2015 2:05 AM in response to yaya1113

Hi

yaya1113 wrote:

I can never seem to finish a project. It's either my software instruments delay 10 minutes after starting a project, or they delay 10 minutes before i finish. Please help me figure out why my midi software intrument tracks don't record what I play on my keyboard as I played it, or on time, and how I can fix or prevent this issue!!

This sounds like it could be an issue with an audio interface driver. Does the problem go away if you use the built-in audio device?

Does the problem go away (for a while) if you restart the Mac?

The Art Of Sound wrote:

In Logic's Prefs/ Audio make sure the recording delay is set to 0 (Zero)

Not sure why you would feel that Recording delay preferences would make a difference with software instrument tracks since it compensates recorded audio only.

CCT

Why are my Software Intruments recording delayed patterns on Logic Pro X?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.