Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Service Center won't replace fauly battery for free even though eligible. Please help.

Hey, I have a iPhone 5 and on the following page, when I insert my serial number, they say I am eligible for a free battery replacement.

https://www.apple.com/in/support/iphone5-battery/

But when I went to my nearest iPhone service station they told me that they won't replace the battery for free.

They said they will do some test and if it says that the battery is faulty then they will replace it for money.

I told them I don't want any test, I directly want the **** battery replaced cause it's faulty I can see it.

They said no. So I did the test, and guess what, they say the battery is fine. I asked them then why is it draining?

They said it must be some app and told me to reset my phone.

I did that and it didn't do anything. In fact the battery has gotten even worse now. It shuts off after getting even a single two minute call.

I told the service station that I still want the **** battery replaced they keep saying no. A test will be have to be done for around Rs. 1500 and if it's faulty then more money to replace the battery and if the test shows that the battery is fine and I still want to replace it then it will cost me around Rs. 10000.

That's like 20% of the price I got this phone for. They just want to rip off all my money.

The first part is that I am eligible for a free battery replacement and they just won't replace it. They keep saying that your model is not eligible.

When I asked about that Apple website, they say that no that not what you think it is where it clearly says that it's god **** battery replacement.

Please help me.

The service station is RSG Infotech in Pune, Maharashtra, India

http://www.servicecentreinfo.in/apple-service-centre-in-pune/

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 12:25 AM

3 replies

Service Center won't replace fauly battery for free even though eligible. Please help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.